“In the universe there is is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link” – Carlos Castaneda
Intention is not something you do, but rather a force that exists in the universe as an invisible field of energy. Where is this field you might ask? There is no place which it is not because everything in this Universe has intention built into it. This is true for all life forms, whether a rosebush or a mountain. A mosquito has intent built into its creation and life experience. A tiny acorn with no apparent power to think or make plans for its future contains intention from the invisible field. If you cut the acorn open, you won’t see a giant oak tree, but you know it’s there. An apple blossom in the springtime appears to be a pretty little flower, yet it has intention built into it and will manifest in the summer as an apple.
Every aspect of nature, without exception, has intention built into it, and as far as we can tell, nothing in nature questions its path of intent. Nature simply progresses in harmony from the field of intention. We, too, are intended from the energy of this field.
Try imagining a force that’s everywhere. There’s no place that you can go where it isn’t. it can’t be divided and it’s in everything you see or touch. Now extend your awareness of this infinite field of energy beyond the world of form or boundaries. So it’s both in the physical and the non-physical. The only way you deactivate this dormant force is by believing that you are separate from it. Become conscious to the Power of Intention and everything that you want will manifest in the physical world.
Shift into alignment with Intention. Do not live by default, with an unconscious drive… this will manifest the unwanted in your life.
We are what we believe and intend that we are… Always be aware of this tremendous power that can achieve the impossible.
Activating intention means rejoining your source and becoming a modern day sorcerer. – Wayne Dyer
The biggest attribute to our separation from this Infinite Power of Intention is EGO!
Ego is made up of 6 primary ingredients that account for how we experience ourselves as disconnected. By allowing ego to determine your life path, you deactivate the power of intention. Briefly, our Ego beliefs are:
1- I am what I have. My Possessions define me.
2- I am what I do. My Achievements define me.
3- I am what others think of me. My Reputation defines me.
4- I am separate from everyone. My Body defines me.
5- I am separate from all that is missing in my life. My life Space is disconnected from my Desires.
6- I am separate from God. My life depends on God’s assessment of my Worthiness.
No matter how hard you try, intention can’t be accessed through Ego… so take time to recognize and re-adjust any of those 6 beliefs. When the supremacy of ego is weakened in your life, you can seek Intention and Maximize your Potential.
4 steps to intention:
Activating your Power of intention is a process of connecting with your natural self and letting go of Total Ego Identification. The process takes place in 4 stages.
1- Discipline. Learning a new task requires training your body to perform as your thoughts desire. So, eliminating ego identification doesn’t mean disconnecting from your relationship with your body, but rather, training your body to activate those desires. You do that with practice, exercise, nontoxic habits, healthy foods, and so on.
2- Wisdom. Combined with discipline fosters your ability to focus and be patient as you harmonize your thoughts , your intellect and your feelings with the work of your body.
3- Love. After disciplining your body with wisdom and intellectually studying a task, this process of mastery involves loving what you do and doing what you love.
4- Surrender. This is the place of intention. This is where your body and mind aren’t running the show anymore and you move into Intent. Relax and allow yourself to be carried by the same power that turns acorns into oak trees, blossoms into apples, and microscopic dots into humans.
First and foremost: Stop doubting the existence of a Universal Omnipresent Force called Intention. And you can link and be carried to your destination by that force. When doubt is banished, abundance flourishes and anything is possible.
“The law of floatation was not discovered by the sinking of things, but by contemplating the floating of things which floated naturally, and then intelligently asking why they did so” – Thomas Troward.
What you’re feeling is a function of how you’re thinking, what you’re contemplating and how your inner speech is being formulated. Imagination is the most powerful tool we humans possess. Imagination is the movement of the Universal mind within you. Your imagination creates the inner picture that allows you to participate in the act of creation. It’s the invisible connecting link to manifesting your own destiny.
1. Be Creative. The expression that designed us and got us here. The power of intention has to be creative or nothing would come into existence. Creative energy is a part of you. it originates in the life-giving Spirit that intends you. Trust your own purpose and have an attitude of unwavering intent in your daily thoughts and activities. Affirm, recognize your life and what you want and create only that into your reality. Never waste time thinking of what you don’t want or what you’re scared of. That which you feel yourself to be, you are… so live in the feeling of being who you want be, and that you shall be!
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” – Albert Einstein
2. Be Kind. Kindness is key to intent. It is kind energy that intends what you create to flourish and grow, thrive and multipy. The moment unkind energy comes into form, the life-giving spirit is destroyed. Unkind thoughts weaken and kind thoughts strengthen. Choosing to be kind is a choice to have Intention active in your life. Be kind to yourself… be kind to others… be kind to all life.
3. Be Love.“Love is our highest word and the synonym for GOD.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson. Love is the force of GOD! The most powerful existing energy. The energy field of intention is pure love resulting in a nurturing and totally cooperative environment. Judgement, hate, anger, fear or prejudice won’t thrive here. Thoughts and emotions are pure energy, some higher than others. Love is the highest form of energy that can dissolve any other lower energy attribute (example: fear, anger, hate). Cultivate love in your immediate circle of family, friends, acquaintances, and ultimately it will expand globally. The more you extend your love, the closer you are to being love… and it’s in this being of love that intention is reached and manifestation flourishes.
4. Be Beauty. “Beauty is not caused… it is!”- Emily Dickinson. It is neither an opinion, nor a judgment… everything is simply beautiful. As you awaken to your divine nature, you’ll begin to see beauty in everything you see, touch and experience. Become receptive to seeing and feeling beauty around, and you attract more beauty in your thoughts and emotions which in turn connects you to intention. Beautiful thoughts build a beautiful soul!
5. Be ever Expansive. The all-emerging Universal Force that brought you into being and commenced life is always growing and perpetually expanding. By being in an ever-expanding state and growing intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually, you’re identifying with the universal mind. By being in a state of readiness where you’re not attached to what you used to think, say or be… by thinking from the end and staying open to receiving divine guidance, you abide by the law of growth and are receptive to the power of Intention.
6. Be Abundant. Intention is endlessly abundant. There’s no scarcity in the Universal world of Spirit. There is never a lack in the Universe. Do you think we will ever be denied Oxygen? You emerged from a consciousness that is unlimited. Know in your heart that any attitude you have which reflects a scarcity consciousness will hold you back. Shift to an abundance mindset, believe that you are unlimited as you emanated from this inexhaustible supply of Intention. We are what we think about. Become one with it.
7. Be Receptive. Intention is there for us all. No one and no thing is rejected by the receptive face of Intention. It welcomes everyone and every living thing, without judgment… never granting the power of intention to some and withholding it from others. It depends on how receptive you are which allows you connect to intention. Be open and free and receptive to having guidance available to you to manifest your human intentions, not only that… but as well as giving energy back into the world.
To realize your desires, match them with your inner speech. Your inner speech mirrors your imagination… and your imagination is your connecting link to spirit. And your desires will ultimately be realized.
Thank you Dr. Wayne W. Dyer for your amazing books “The Power of Intention” and “Wishes Fulfilled”!